Thursday, September 22, 2005

7 days of resolve and some fucked up british bureaucracy

somethings i've learnt in the past 1 week

1) i've learnt to resist the temptation to walk into a lanshop to check my mail (which no one ever mails me) out of sheer habit and instead wait patiently for my student id. to be set up and get my broadband in my dorm.
2) the british equivilant of bochap or no is eloquently spoken as " I just can't be asked..."
3) that asian people are different from chinese and other SE countries
4) british bureaucracy is so good that even when they are wrong, they make it look as if they're right and you're not. tough.
5) the most drinkable beer i have tasted to date; which incidentally overtakes hoegaarden as no.1 on my list is cider (strongbow). apple fruity taste. no sucky beer after taste too.
6) i have given out 5 fags so far in my short stay in london
7) that having math tests on your first day of school is a normal. (log, quadratic equations, matrices, yes yes its all coming back to me now...)
8) books are cheaper here at the open markets than in 2nd bookstores in singapore.

yeah i just moved on to my halls of residence. its been like 4 days now? made quite a few friends, most of which i suspect are going to be hi-bye friends except for a few funny intellectual people. went to a pub last night where most of the freshers went and seriously, its not as fun as it is back home. (well maybe not yet) my idea of a good night out has always been based on 2 premise: good music and good company. like in the clubs all the indians tend to hang out together, all the chinese seem to drink together (except for the odd exception of people like myself. i was the only asian chinese at our table) and all the white folks seem to be getting their groove on with one another. conicidence? i think not...
so far my closest friends here are a venezuelian, slovenian and a british born kosovian.
how about chyes or chicks you ask?
there is also this portugese chick living on my floor but she seems kinda shy... hmm and i see this mixed blood japanese/chinese looking girl (very spunky looking girl with braided hair) i see around too.. but seriously, i am now more sure than ever that the girls i really want to date cant be found in clubs. traditional? perhaps. am i generalizing here? yes i am. can intelligent cute girls still dress sluttily and go clubbing with their girlfriends and still have a hell of a time? yes they can. but you know what i mean right?

and oh btw, i think my liqour-threshold-vomit rating is slowly improving now :P

school starts next week and im hella looking forward to it. its been way too long...

p/s i've uploaded some new pictures on my flickr. do check it out people.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


naithemilkman22's Closet by naithemilkman22

naithemilkman22's Closet by naithemilkman22
ShopStyle search:
logo Get Your Own! See Comments